Volunteer needs for each event
- someone to create announcement on meetup.com
- someone to write & send newsletters promoting events, projects, & blog posts each week
- someone to create a blog post before each event
- someone to take notes & photos at each event, then create a blog post to publish within a day or two
- could include live tweeting on the open_seattle twitter account
- someone to order food
- someone to update intro slides for each event
- someone to host each event: act as MC during introductions & talks
Monthly event organizing
At least one month before the event is held:
- open an issue on the openseattle/discuss issues queue with initial agenda.
- create an event on meetup.com
Two weeks before event:
- Finalize the agenda
- Create a post for openseattle.org about the event
- send out emails via meetup.com & newsletter
After the event:
- Create a post for openseattle.org about what happened at the event, include photos.
Talks night (monthly)
- informational, educational. focus on onboarding new folks & matching volunteers to projects.
- talks about projects, hear from city staff about available data
- pick projects that teams will take on to launch at the second event of the month
Projects night (monthly or weeklys)
- bring your projects!
- team up to work with others.
- learn to code or research local civic issues