Each year 5 lead organizers are selected to perform the core organizing duties of Open Seattle.
What we'll ask of you
- 1-year term commitment. January through December
- Attend monthly lead organizer meetings
- Provide monthly update on activities at Open Seattle event
- Attend events hosted by Open Seattle and other organizations to conduct outreach
- Decide together which lead organizers will own specific responsibilities (tech, events, volunteer management, communications, fundraising, etc.)
- Uphold, improve, & educate participants on Open Seattle code of conduct, contributing, and event policies.
What you'll get to do
- Training in community organizing
- Lead a team on a specific aspect of Open Seattle operations
- Support the Seattle civic tech community
- Shape the future of Open Seattle
- A committee of 3 local community organizers will oversee the appointment process. This may be outgoing lead organizers, leaders of partner community organizations, or members of the board of the non-profit that fiscally sponsors Open Seattle.
- Applications are reviewed and applicants are interviewed in the first two weeks of December.
FAQ about becoming a lead organizer
Do I need to have prior experience working with Open Seattle?
No, prior experience with Open Seattle is not required.
Do I need to write code?
No, most of the responsibilities of a lead organizer do not include writing code.